Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Cranberry Orange Relish, How do I love thee?

Hi! Have you missed me? I have been busy with the peanut. She had surgery down at Boston Children's Hospital last week and her surgeries always throw me for a loop. She is fine by the way, its all standard for us. And she is the Miracle Child. We have A LOT of togetherness time. She does skype school the week before and then we have the week of surgery and this year with have the WHOLE Thanksgiving week. So I have neglected you all.
One of my absolute favorite foods around this time of year is cranberries. Some of you love the cranberries in a can, others love the boiled on the stove with sugar. In my family it's Cranberry Orange relish. YUM! I have been known to actually eat the whole bowl. I did it a few weeks ago in fact. Come on! Its good for you. I don't feel a bit guilty.

Cranberry Orange Relish
1 lb of Vermont Cranberries
2 McIntosh Apples from Shelburne Orchards
1 large Navel Orange
1 cup of SugarTree Maple Farm Maple sugar flakes

And that is it! All you have to have is a food processor or food grinder.


Wash up your cranberries!

Have I ever told you how much I love my Kitchen Aid? 

Put those cranberries in the grinder and crank her up.


Next come your apples.

Isn't that a beautiful orange?




Maple Sugar flakes, Yowza!


Add your sugar.

Stir.

Restrain yourself, it should sit in the frig for a day for the flavors to meld but I have been known to sample some here or there...
Happy Thanksgiving Folks! Cherish your families and eat some cranberry relish!

No comments:

Post a Comment